Demolition of Fire Damaged Composting Facility
Site / Sharpness Docks
Value / £750k
Timescale / 3 Months
Sanctus were appointed by Canal & River Trust to demolish a fire damaged warehouse formerly used as a composting facility, and remove the contents which included asbestos contaminated Compost Like Output (CLO) which was removed to hazardous waste landfill as a Problematic Waste Stream with Environment Agency approval.
The enabling works package included;
- Assisting the local fire brigade to extinguish smouldering waste using remotely operated demolition plant
- Environmental Consultancy
- Asbestos R&D Survey
- Asbestos Removal
- Soft strip of office buildings
- Demolition of 6,500m2 steel framed warehouse
- Spreading of smouldering CLO waste followed by licensed disposal
- Decommissioning and removal of industrial plant.