Peter Cooke, Managing Director is responsible for all matters relating to health and safety at work.
Sanctus believes that health and safety should have equal importance to quality and production and be considered at every step of planning and production. The company accepts its responsibility to provide a working environment where all risks have been identified and measures taken to eliminate them or reduce them to an acceptable level.
Compliance with legislation that affects the nature of its work is seen as the m1n1mum standard.
The company will make resources available to ensure that health and safety is maintained at all times and ensure the provisions of this safety policy are met.
Sanctus will take all reasonably practical steps to meet this responsibility paying particular attention to:
- Recruitment of suitably qualified and experienced staff and or identify and carry out training as necessary
- Establishing and operating to procedures [safe working practices, risk assessments, method statements, permits to work etc.] as set out in this policy and the Environmental Management System [EMS]
- Identification and compliance with all applicable Health, Safety and Welfare legislation
- Provision of adequate welfare facilities and safe place of work
- Active supervision of all activities by employees and sub-contractors by management
- Monitoring and reviewing procedures and activities as necessary to ensure their effectiveness
- The provision and maintenance of plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to the health of employees and any other person likely to be affected by work activities and the
- Proper arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles, equipment and
- The provision of information, instruction, training and superv1s1on to ensure all employees avoid injury and contribute positively to their own safety and health at work;
- Adequate communication of information, instruction and supervision
- The provision of a safe place of work and environment which has safe access
- Encouraging worker involvement regarding health and safety in every aspect of the task via consultation and team briefings
This policy can only be successful with the active co-operation of all employees. Sanctus therefore insist on the cooperation of all employees who must perform their assigned duties safely by following established safe working procedures, using proper safety equipment and by reporting unsafe acts, equipment or conditions.
Sanctus will observe the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other regulations that apply to its work.